null
Photobucket

My one and only

null
made by Leelou

My little love

My little love
Lola

Wanna swap? Grab my button! :)

Life as a wife

Macky Madness

For love of a cupcake

The little love birds

bnfunky

Kylee Noelle

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Weight Watchers Success!

Over the past year, my husband and I have tried various diets and weight loss schemes. After working my butt off and finding out I had a low thyroid that was causing me to gain weight, I became very discouraged. I finally had my thyroid stuff evened out and I tried calorie counting to lose weight. After two weeks I had only lost 1.6 lbs. Which was pretty disappointing after the amount of work I had put in. So I was starting to become discouraged and then my husband mentioned weight watchers.

I thought there is no way I am going in to weigh in every week and spill my soul to random strangers. Hi, my name is Lyndsey and I had a cookie this week. Ya know you make crap up in your head. So when he mentioned the online way, I became interested. It was nothing I had ever done before and thought well let's try it for 3 months and see where it takes us. It really went against my every way of thinking to lose weight. Especially the exact opposite of calorie counting. And they don't want you to work out to eat, which was all I knew. So it took me the first few weeks to wrap my head around what they do. But I am not going to contest it seeing as of monday I was down 7.7 lbs! Today we started our 5th week. My husband has lost 11. So far it is working and it is molding our minds to think of a healthy lifestyle versus a diet.

There are still days and times I struggle because old habits are hard to break, and sometimes I want more than just my portion! Especially Doritos, they are my nemesus! 14 chips are just not enough! So it's going to take time to change these habits, especially when you are hungry and you want to eat everything! It's very easy to mess up when you are hungry! Which is why I try to always have some sort of snack in my purse in case I do get hungry! So I figured of course I would use my blog to try and give out some recipes I have found for weight watchers!

This comes from www.hungrygirl.com
Too-EZ Mac'n Cheese
PER SERVING (1 heaping cup): 222 calories, 5.5g fat, 772mg sodium, 35g carbs, 6g fiber, 6g sugars, 8.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 6*

Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes


Ingredients:
-4 1/2 oz. (about 2 cups) uncooked whole-wheat-blend or high-fiber rotini pasta (like the kind by Ronzoni)
-24 oz. (about 6 cups) frozen Green Giant Broccoli & Cheese Sauce 
-3 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss cheese 
-Optional: salt and black pepper

Directions
In a large pot, prepare pasta according to the instructions on the package; drain well and set aside. While pasta is cooking, place contents of the broccoli & sauce package in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave until sauce has melted and broccoli is hot, 10 - 12 minutes.

Once the bowl is cool enough to handle, remove it from the microwave and add cooked pasta. Unwrap cheese wedges and add those as well.

Mix thoroughly, ensuring that the cheese wedges are evenly distributed and the pasta and broccoli are coated in cheese sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper, if you like, and then enjoy! 

MAKES 4 SERVINGS

This recipe is SUPER DUPER easy... seriously for a cooking recipe, it can't get much easier! And it is super delicious! This would be great for kids so they eat their veggies! This will be on the repeat list for sure! I could eat pasta everyyy day! I ended up tripling the recipe so we had lots!

Any one else done weight watchers? What do you think of it? 

Hope you had a great Halloween!!

1 comment:

Suz and Allan said...

I'm glad you've been so successful with WW. I lost 35 lbs on WW 5 years ago. I love it because it's a lifestyle NOT a diet.