null
Photobucket

My one and only

null
made by Leelou

My little love

My little love
Lola

Wanna swap? Grab my button! :)

Life as a wife

Macky Madness

For love of a cupcake

The little love birds

bnfunky

Kylee Noelle

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Coconut oil

So I have been seeing coconut oil ALL over Pinterest and thought maybe I would jump on the band wagon with this one. I have seen lots of different uses for it. But I think I am going to use it for the facial scrub, facial wash, and body wash. I have used it for two days in a row and I have noticed my skin is much softer than when I just use moisturizer. I may even try it in my hair as well since my scalp seems to by very dry this winter.

Have any of you tried coconut oil for anything? I know it is used a lot for cooking as well. I found this chart off Pinterest showing some uses for it.


This is the original posting I saw for the face scrub that I am trying out-

A lot of people say that they just end up using this instead of other face washes or scrubs. The good thing is, a little goes a longg way. So it should last a LONG time! I just used a spoon and scooped some out into a little bowl and heated it up for about 30-45 seconds. Then put a little in my hand and added a pinch of the baking soda and mixed it in my hand then put it on my face that I had previously dampened with water. Rubbed it in using circular motions, then washed it off. It does feel oily for the first few minutes then it soaks in. Usually after I wash my face with normal face wash it feels super dry and I immediately have to add moisturizer. With this I woke up and still feel soft! In between using this scrub I will just be washing with the coconut oil.

With the rest of the oil I melted, I just took it into the shower with me and put it on my loofah and used it that way minus the baking soda. It would be a good scrub every few days or once a week as well. I use if after I shave so that way it doesn't get all clogged up with the oil! My skin seems to be pretty soft without even using lotion as well!

I am curious to see how this works, and if it works well I may never go back to other washes! I also may expend my uses for it! The oil can be found in your baking aisle at a grocery store and ranges from $6-$12. 

If you have used it for anything let me know! I would love to hear other people's experiences with it!

No comments: