null
Photobucket

My one and only

null
made by Leelou

My little love

My little love
Lola

Wanna swap? Grab my button! :)

Life as a wife

Macky Madness

For love of a cupcake

The little love birds

bnfunky

Kylee Noelle

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Cauliflower Recipes

I found this recipe for Cauliflower Crust Pizza and it is DELISH! So I thought I would share! The original link is here: original link. I changed the toppings and used pesto, fresh diced tomato, and reduced fat cheese. It is so yummy!

I also have a good recipe for baked veggies including cauliflower! You can use squash, zucchini, asparagus, mushrooms, carrots, cauliflower, or red potatoes. With mushrooms, you only want to put them in towards the end of the time because they will cook super fast! When veggies are soft, they are done! I am just going to do ingredients for asparagus and cauliflower.

Recipe

Ingredients:
Asparagus
Cauliflower
Lemon Juice
Fresh garlic minced (your choice of how much)
1/2 tsp Salt
1.2 tsp Pepper
2 tablespoons Olive Oil

Instructions:
Pre-heat oven to 400. Chop veggies into small pieces. The smaller they are, the faster they will cook. Larger they are the longer it will take. Try to keep them all chopped to the same size so they will cook evenly. On your baking pan, Drizzle about a tablespoon of olive oil on the pan and spread it around. If you don't have a cooking brush, use bottom spoon. Add your veggies onto your pan. Sprinkle your fresh garlic, salt, pepper, and if you desire any other spices on top of veggies. Sprinkle lemon juice over veggies. A little goes a long way. Sprinkle another tablespoon or less of olive oil over veggies until they have a thin coat.

Bake for 20-25 minutes for smaller cut veggies. Bake 25-35 minutes for larger cut veggies.

If you want a little added bonus, sprinkle some reduced fat cheese on top after they get out of the oven. Enjoy!

Tonight is my vday, so we shall see what he has planned! We both agreed to not do anything extravagant, or spend too much $ since we are saving for our honeymoon and taxes coming up.. yikes! So I am not expecting anything grand, but still curious to see what he does! Let you know soon!

I've decided since my knee is getting better to try some classes. I did Bodyflow, which is a mixture of pilates, yoga, and Tai Chi. I really enjoyed it. I forgot how tough classes were! Then I decided to go right into a Spin class after I was done with Bodyflow. (Don't know what I was thinking!) I wanted to die from minute 5 to minute 60. But I stuck through it and it was nice to finish and felt proud of myself. I also am picking up yoga as well. Did that last night and that was tougher then I remembered. But the more I do it, the easier it will become. I plan to try some other classes out as well. It is nice to feel stretchier (is that a word? It is to me!) and I am not as sore as I used to be because of it. One thing I did learn, do not run before going into Yoga. I was a hot mess when I got in and just kept sweating. So my hands and feet were slippery and I kept sliding off the mat. This is no good! I had to keep wiping them off on my towel. Learned my lesson!

Enjoy your Thursday evening everyone! I leave you with this:
via pinterest

Do you take any classes at your gym? If so, what?
Do you enjoy Yoga, or Spin classes?
What do you do to celebrate vday?

2 comments:

madilla said...

Sigh... I wanted to go to prenatal yoga today but my son's temperature went up last night, so I had to skip it. Yoga and pilates are great work outs.

Lyndsey said...

Love Yoga! :) good stress reliever!